Meet Dr Leonard E. Kane, MD, FACG, AGAF
Dr. Leonard Kane is a board-certified physician who is committed to providing quality care in a very friendly environment. He is proud to say that his patients can expect happy and accessible staff and a convenient location with easy access to office and endoscopy center.
Dr. Kane offers treatments and procedures for
General GI, Liver, ERCP, Colonoscopy, EGD, ReShape Balloon placement, Hemorrhoids, and other digestive tract treatments.
His philosophy is: “It is about the patient, all the time.”
Dr. Kane is accepting new patients and would be happy to help you find better health, more energy, and an understanding of any conditions you’re experiencing.
Dr. Kane graduated from College of Pharmacy in New York. He practiced pharmacy before attending Medical School. Dr. Kane earned his medical degree at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School – Rutgers University in New Jersey. He then completed an internship in Internal Medicine at Norwalk Hospital – Yale University.
Dr. Kane’s Residency was done at Strong Memorial Hospital – University Of Rochester Medical Center in New York.
Dr Kane then chose to pursue an even higher level of training, and completed a Fellowship in gastroenterology at the University Of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville, Virginia.
As part of Dr. Kane’s commitment to quality care, he stays well-involved in a variety of local and national medical associations.
Dr. Kane is a member of:
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Gastrointestinal Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- MedChi – Frederick County Medical Society
- MedChi – State of Maryland Medical Society
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
Publishing and Honors
Dr. Kane has been recognized for his clinical work, with publications in respected medical journals such as The American Journal of Gastroenterology, and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Dr. Kane has been awarded with the distinction of:
- American Gastroenterology Association Fellow
- Fellow American College Of Gastroenterology
- AGA Legacy Society Member
- American Gastroenterology Association Legacy Society